EB SHOP BLOGS: WORCESTER | NASHUA | NATICK | DANVERS | WEB BLOG | MEGABLOG

Saturday, August 15, 2009

OLD PHOTOS OF THE DAY

TURTLES 1986
These shots were taken at the long gone "turtles" playground back in 86. I didn't post them to show how great the skating action was in the pics for obvious reasons, but to show how sick this place was for skating a spot never meant for it. Empty kiddie pools, banks everywhere, ledges, and all sorts of skate worthy obstacles were in that park. I forget when it was finally plowed but it was a Boston landmark for sure as a skate spot. In the pics are Acton, Boxboro guys Greg Tallone, Dave Mills, Brooke Pitcher, and Ross Freeman.






2 comments:

dflip said...

awesome photos. I wondered about this spot. Im not old enough to have skated this spot, but I have seen photos of it and I think there might even been a shot in "Justice". I know there's a shot of it in an early BigBrother video.

- you still have a copy of the original justice? I been wanting upload that video.

Eastern Boarder-Leominster said...

We still have a VHS copy around the shop . Stop in and check it out.