EB SHOP BLOGS: WORCESTER | NASHUA | NATICK | DANVERS | WEB BLOG | MEGABLOG

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WACHUSETT


If you didn't get your pass yet the cheapest one has just expired. Get your butt in gear and don't miss the second best offer. I hiked the mountains "Indian... something or other" trail this morning. It'll take you about 2 hours to go to the summit and down. (maybe less) If you're as out of shape as I am, hurry up and get moving before you go and hike a pipe this winter and drool all over yourself before you get to the drop in ramp. I took this pic from the Wawa site. It's a Pileated Woodpecker that someone must have seen there one day. I had one outside my house before when I moved into town. I thought my neighbors kid was smacking a tree or my house with a baseball bat the noise was so loud. Now I had seen "woodpeckers" before but these things are 19 inches tall..it's pretty much a crow with a red hat on. I know this isn't the EB nature site but I figured I would enlighten you a little. Hopefully this Ostrich sized woodland beast doesn't rip into too many Maple trees or the skateboard world is going to need a new wood source. ...

Go buy your pass before you have to pay too much.

No comments: