EB SHOP BLOGS: WORCESTER | NASHUA | NATICK | DANVERS | WEB BLOG | MEGABLOG

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GATORADE FREE FLOW TOUR RECAP/UPDATE

Pics and story taken from here..along with the entire story.

EB Snow Team up and comer Taylor Owen ..... blurb from the Allisports.com site

Taylor Owen (snowboard slope): Unfortunately, just after winning the Gatorade Free Flow Tour Finals, I tore my ACL and my meniscus competing in the US Open. It wasn’t too bad of a fall, but I guess I tweaked my knee JUST right to make everything pop. I spent all summer working out and doing physical therapy to get ready for this season!

Take us through your debut at a professional contest – what were your nerves, expectations, and interactions at the Nike 6.0 Open?
Taylor: Because of my knee, I wasn’t able to compete, or even snowboard at the time. But I watched the finals on TV and the course looked super sick! Props to Torin for killing it in pipe. That was awesome to watch.
What’s next?!
Taylor: Waterville Valley Academy! My knee is almost back to normal now, and I’ve been doing some rail jams and hitting a few jumps here and there. I’m moving into the Academy on the 17th, then I’m back to training every day! I can’t wait.
Lastly, we asked the first group of Champions to pass on their most sage advice to future Gatorade Free Flow Tour competitors and Champions. Here’s what they had to say…and take note, because they’re talking to you.
Taylor: Enjoy every second you can on your snowboard or skis! Not being able to do anything this summer was rough, so even if you’re not having the best day on the snow, just be appreciative that you’re able to be out there having fun!



No comments: