EB SHOP BLOGS: WORCESTER | NASHUA | NATICK | DANVERS | WEB BLOG | MEGABLOG

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OLD PHOTOS OF THE DAY


These were some of my old boards that I wish I had saved. I always had to sell one to buy the next, but looking back I wish I hadn't. The blue mountain logo based Burton Brushie was so fun. ( Taken at Nashoba early 90's ?) One pic shows other stuff in my room in 1984. The Hutch Pro Racer was pretty dialed at the time. I sold it and enough parts to build another 5 bikes for $250 bucks before leaving for UMASS. I'm still kicking myself to this day. The original Burton Backhill was my first snowboard. I broke the back "strap" at Loon and sold it after that to a kid that took the edges out of some old skis and screwed them into the board. The red Performer came a bit later. I bought it off of Doug Mills who was one of my local idols when I was a kid. Doug was a ripping surf, skate, and snowboarder. He was also the older brother of my friend Dave Mills who went on to do work for STIMILON, Gravis and now Helmet House. The other pic was taken at Brighton when people still rode plates and hard boots for actual carving. That's an old Rossignol that I had Emery bindings and Burton Megaflex boots for. I probably should have saved the day glow North Face coat too since bright colors are back. Everything could have been saved except for my hair..that just quit on me. I can live with that, but still want my old stuff back.

No comments: